- SMEmPower Efficiency aims to “Empower” SMEs to undergo energy audits and implement their proposals. A holistic methodology has been chosen to address different barriers based on three dimensions, i.e. Individual, Organizational and Institutional.
- Individuals concerns the design and delivery of an integrated Education & Training (E&T) programme targeting energy related SME staff, of 5 ECTS/EQF 6. At least 720 experts will be trained. The E&T programme will focus on financial and technical data. The trainees will apply their acquired knowledge to at least 160 pilot installations as practical action.
- Organizational dimension targets SME decision makers. In-house short trainings for decision makers of grouped SMEs according to their specificities will be delivered, during the practical action in pilots, by both, partners and trainees. Short trainings will be delivered to a total of at least 800 SME persons.
- Institutional dimension relates to targeted workshops where both SME decision makers and stakeholders from entities able to finance energy projects will come together and interact based on the real data provided from pilots, aiming to bridge the gap between energy audits and actual financing of measures.
- Four training tools will be developed:
a) an advanced training handbook in 7 languages;
b) a web platform for energy analytics;
c) a tool for Monitoring & Targeting;
d) a tool for Measurement & Verification.
- The actions taken within the project will bring significant and validated energy savings in SMEs and establish suitable energy culture; an estimation is that the SMEmPower’s actions will result in 24.87 GWh/year primary energy savings and trigger at least 4 mil € of investments.
Overall SMEmPower Efficiency methodology
The relationships between Individual, Organizational and Institutional dimensions